Coordinator of Research Training Group
Our Research Training Group invites for applications for the position as coordinator.
The coordinator will support the RTG speakers in management, administration, and coordination. This comprises:
- Refinement of the program, as well as qualification program and supervision concept
- Organization of RTGs’ lecture series, colloquia, workshops, research residences, retreats, conferences, summer schools, symposia, etc.
- Communication “interface” between the RTG members, university administration, the funding agency DFG, and external cooperation partners
- Science communication on behalf of the RTG and editorial-technical support of the web presence
- Pre/post-processing of meetings (e.g. jour fixe)
Applicants should hold a PhD (or equivalent) preferably in Chemistry or Physics, or closely related study subjects. We seek an enthusiastic, self-motivated team player with excellent communication and organizational skills. The candidate must be fluent in both English and German. Experiences in data management are an advantage.
The position is available from October 2021 on a part-time basis up to 75%. The position is initially limited to September 2025, depending on RTG elongation funding. If the applicant meets the relevant wage requirements and personal qualifications, the salary is based on remuneration group 13 TV-L of the pay scale for the German public sector. Please apply online at: https://jobportal.uni-koeln.de using reference number TUV2107-15.
The application deadline is 05.09.2021.
Junior Research Group Leader (TV-L 13)
Candidates should have obtained (or be about to obtain a PhD degree (or equivalent) in Organic Chemistry, Material Sciences.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated, team-oriented with strong interest and expertise in the interdisciplinary fields involved in TIDE. She/he is expected to develop her/his own junior reseach group with an independent research topic, and will be fully integrated in the TIDE program.
Interested? Please contact the speaker Prof. Klaus Meerholz (klaus.meerholz(AT)uni-koeln.de).